I relate to this...

"I just think [the 'Charismatic' label] carries so much baggage and there are a lot of things with it I just don’t identify with. I don’t identify with the prosperity message, I don’t identify with the idea that this is heaven, I don’t identify with the expectation that God heals everyone all the time. There’s a battle here and God’s Spirit is not just for healing us in different ways. The Holy Spirit guides us, teaches us, counsels us. But I also believe in the power of God’s Spirit in suffering. I mean look at Stephen who was stoned to death. God’s Spirit came upon him. I just land in a place where yes, if I allow God’s Spirit to move in and through me, he’s going to, but it’s not all going to be all in my idea of what glorious is, it’s going to be in his idea. If I do not have God’s power and presence with me in times of difficulty, I could not do what I do. I couldn’t make it. I don’t think of it like ‘Oh, we’re going to shake and fall on the ground.’ That doesn’t mean anything will change. I’m not looking for a manifestation. I’m looking at what is God doing in my heart, and what is God changing around me."

Q&A Christy Wimber, Bible Society, 11 May 2018

Comments